Monday, November 16, 2015

Star Wars: The Top 10 Moments


As a five year old boy, I would never imagine how much of an impact a simple gift would be.  As I raced off the school bus and ran home to celebrate my birthday, my only thought was what cool toy I would receive.  What I received that day was the original 3 Star Wars films on VHS.  I watched them right after another.  I was hooked.  
Since that day, I started collecting the action figures, trading cards, and books.  With my action figures, I reenacted the films, as well as made some new stories of my own.  

Now, 26 years old, I still have the same excitement as that five year old boy for Star Wars.  Instead of 3 films there are now 6.  I will always cherish A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Return of the Jedi.  Even though I was excited for a new trilogy, I'm not the biggest fan of them.  The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith are still entertaining films and are apart of the Star Wars experience.  

Being a month away from The Force Awakens, I figured to do my Top Ten Star Wars moments.  I found that this list was a lot harder then I thought. My criteria however is that I have to use at least one scene/moment from each movie.  So lets let the force guide us.

Here are some Honorable mentions:

                                 The Phantom Menace: 
Podracer race

   Attack of the Clones:
Obi-Wan vs Jango Fett
Revenge of the Sith:
Order 66
A New Hope:
Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader
The Empire Strikes Back:
Asteroid Field Flight
Return of the Jedi:
Speeder Bike Chase

10.
Attack of the Clones
Battle of Geonosis 
Well we start of our list with the fifth film and second in the prequel trilogy.  This battle finally shows us all the Jedi in action at once.  This also shows us the beginning of the clone wars too.

9.
Revenge of the Sith
Obi-Wan vs Anakin Skywalker
 
The battle that the prequels were leading us up to the whole time.  We finally get to see how Darth Vader becomes more machine than man.

8.
The Phantom Menace
Duel of Fates

This fight was incredible.  Such a fast paced fight that keeps you on your toes.  Darth Maul is awesome.  
7.
A New Hope
Blowing Up Alderan
When I was a kid, I was amazed that the Empire could blow up an entire planet.  It shows you that the Empire will do whatever it takes to get what they want.

6.
The Empire Strikes Back
The Battle of Hoth
The Empire Strikes Back was my least favorite film of the franchise when I was a kid.  As a began to get older I realized how amazing this film is.  This battle is really hectic.

5.
The Return of the Jedi
Battle over Endor
This has to be one of the greatest space battles of all time.  I get chills every time I see the Falcon shoot out of the explosion of the Death Star.  So cool.

4.
The Return of the Jedi
Luke vs. Darth Vader: The Rematch
The fight that ended it all.  The fastest fight of the classic trilogy.  It makes it all the better because the Emperor is watching and tempting Luke.

3.
The Empire Strikes Back
Han Solo's Fate 
The power of the Empire clearly shows in the second installment of the classic trilogy.  Han Solo being frozen in carbonite, left us all wondering what would happen next to the best character in the franchise.

2.
A New Hope
The Opening
The very first shot we get of the Empire.  What a way to start of the film.  That star destroyer seemed like it would go on for ever.

1.
The Empire Strikes Back
No, I am you *Spoiler!
This was a given right??  I mean how couldn't it right??  The greatest plot twist ever!!!


So, that's my list!  What are your favorite moments in the Star Wars universe?  
One More Month!!!!

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment