Friday, October 31, 2014

November Movie Preview!

November Movie Preview!

So November is finally here and that brings us whole new group of films.  We can finally say with complete certainty that award season is upon us.  What a glorious thing it is too!  
   October, in it's own right, was a great month with many great stories, characters, and surprises.  I laughed.  I was in suspense.  Heck, I almost peed my pants.  Okay, maybe not that bad, but there was fear.  
     So let's kick this month off!  
  

November 7, 2014:
Big Hero 6, Interstellar, Laggies, Merry Friggin' Christmas, Theory of Everything, and Jessabelle

Excitement Level: 3.5
Reasons: Christopher Nolan is back!  Matthew Mcconaughey has been on role for the last two years now, and I hope it continues.  I have purposely not watched the trailers for this movie, cause I don't want to have it ruined for me.  I want to be surprised!

Excitement Level: 3.5
Reason: Big Hero 6 is based off a Marvel comic.  Also looks like Disney will continue the roll of good animated features.  The balloon man character looks really funny too.


Excitement Level: 3
Reason: Regardless of how you feel about his theories, looks like it will be an entertaining film.  Also looks like Eddie Redmayne might get an Oscar nod as well. 

November 14, 2014:
Dumb and Dumber to, Foxcatcher, Whiplash, Rosewater, Wolves, Saving Christmas, and Miss Meadows


Excitement Level: 4
Reason:  This might be Steve Carrel's year!  It will be crazy to see how much he gets transformed into this character.  Tatum and Ruffalo look like the are great in this as well.  A ton of Oscar buzz around this film.  


Excitement Level: 4
Reason: If you haven't seen a trailer for this movie, your missing out!  Miles Teller and J.K Simmons look like they will be a shoe-in for the Oscar's.  Looks simply amazing.


Excitement Level: 3
Reason: This either could be really good or just terrible.  Hopefully would be a funny movie.  Great to see both the original actors back after all these years.  Can't be any worse than that crappy prequel they made a while ago.

November 21, 2014:
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, The Imitation Game, and VHS: Viral

Excitement Level: 3.5 
Reason:  I really like the second movie so much, it almost made my top ten movies of 2013.  I'm a big Jennifer Lawrence fan.  Also one of the last movies we will be able to see the great Phillip Seymour Hoffman!  

November 26, 2014:
The Penguins of Madagascar, Horrible Bosses 2, and Paradise Lost

Excitement Level:
Reason:  The first one was really funny.  Hopefully, they could bring the same laughs like they did with the first one.

November 28, 2014:
The Babadook

My Top Five Most Anticipated Movies of the Month:
1. Foxcatcher
2. Whiplash
3. Interstellar
4. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1
5. Big Hero 6

Summary of the Previous Month!

Well last month a great month.  There was some really good performances and films, that you must see!  I was able to go see 7 movies last month, they all had something to offer.  Here is my ranking for what I witnessed!

1. Birdman
2. Gone Girl
3. Fury
4. Nightcrawler
5. John Wick
6. Annabelle
7. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

And my favorite performances..

1. Michael Keaton (Birdman)
2. Jake Gyllenhaal (Nightcrawler)
3. Carrie Croon (Gone Girl)
4. Shia LaBeouf ( Fury) 
5. Rosamund Pike (Gone Girl)

Also I  watched some movies on DVD

1. Kramer vs Kramer (1979)
2. Margin Call (2011)
3. The Fault in Our Stars (2014)
4. Broken Flowers (2005)
5. The Grand Seduction (2014)

But my movie of the month goes to...





                                               
                                        
     What did you see?  What do you want to see?  Do you agree with my list?  
      Thank you again for reading, and I hope you have fun at the movies!
Adam


No comments:

Post a Comment